Thursday 7 May 2020

MY KITE


 This weekly challenge was to make a kite for us to do this we had to find things to make the kite with because all the shops are closed. So we used a fishing rod and cut it in to two pieces we used a nail file to smooth the sharp tips . Then we used wax thread we used it to tie up the fishing rod into a diamond. then we used cellophane to cover the fishing rods. Then we got zip ties with a little of mum's help to tie them up so the whole kite stayed together.
I had the fun part of mixing all the colours together and painting my own design on it. I choose a rainbow. Then the last part was putting a tail on it. I used ribbon. I hope it fly's but its not windy enough to find out yet.
  

9 comments:

  1. Hi Taylor your kite looks great. Looks like you put in alot of effort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Renny you are the first one to comment as a kid thank you I did a lot of effort into it.

      Delete
  2. Hi Taylor
    I love your kite, The colours on it look great and it looks really shiny, This must be because of the cellophane do you think? Its quite hard to make things at the moment when you don't always have all the materials you need, so you have done a great job to find other ways of using things.
    I hope you get a windy day soon so you can test it out. I bet it will fly really well, as it look nice and light. Let me know how you get on.
    Great job.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Taylor what a great kite you have made and I love how you have finished it off with a rainbow of colours and ribbons. How handy to have your Mum there to give you a helping hand with the zip ties. Congratulations honey - you are really doing great things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Grandma thank you so much on commenting. thank you I did my best.

      Delete
  4. Hi Taylor
    When your kite is flying, it will look like a beautiful rainbow. You have chosen your colours well. Great job Taylor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Auntie Jackie I think I did good on my kite it toke me two day to make it and at the end I mixed colours and painted them on exited part was pealing the paint of the tray it was so thick it was satisfying to peal. thanks for your comment.

      Delete
  5. You have done a great job with your kite. What is the bit you liked to do the most?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked the painting. I mixed the colours togther to make new colours. I like making things and being creative. Im lucky because mum has aot of stuff here to make things with and she helps me lots

    ReplyDelete